Trail season has arrived! With the increased amount of trail visitors, it might be a good time to take a look at the current condition of your trailhead.
Your trailhead is often a visitor’s first glimpse of the Trail Town and can impact whether they continue on the trail or stroll into town. Here are some quick, easy ways to freshen up your trailhead for the season.
- Update your bulletin board – Does your board have last year’s info or look a little faded? Make sure your board has current year information about the trail and upcoming events. Don’t hesitate to use bright colors to make it more inviting.
- Clean up the trash – Sometime people miss the trash cans and litter can scatter throughout the trailhead. Plan a day to clean up any trash that is around your trailhead. Not only does it make it look nice and clean, but it prevents animals from eating something they shouldn’t.
- Brighten things up – Color can go a long way. Create a bright and welcoming space by adding some flowers to your trailhead.
- Fresh coat of paint – Over time, things such as benches, picnic tables, and buildings can become faded. Refurbish them inexpensively by giving them a fresh coat of paint. Check out this grant opportunity to get some paint to freshen up your space.
- Temporary event signs – Do you want people to come off the trail to your event? Have a yard sign made saying “Event in Town Today” and place it at your trailhead when there is an event. It’s an inexpensive way to get the word out about your event and not clutter your trailhead.